Monday 29 June 2015

Bordeaux. Saturday 27 June 2015

I arrived in Bordeaux around 2.15pm.  I wandered around the beautiful city after a  baguette and coffee sitting at a large street cafe. 
I cycled the old part of town and the popular area too. 
I love this bridge and had cycled over it before some years ago on a city break. 



I sat at another cafe just watching the world go by before heading along the river out of town. 
It was great to see Bordeaux again and I enjoyed more this time and even exorcised some ghosts.
The ride along the river was wonderful. 

Because I have radically changed my plans by going to Bordeaux I had no idea where I was going to stay tonight.  I googled a few places and settled for a cheap hotel along the river.  
Well it's the most wonderful little hotel in Latresne, with the comfiest bed and huge shower.  They even put my bike in their garage for the night. 

The only initial hitch was that no restaurants were open.  But the pizza place was and I had a fab takeaway. 
It was gone in no time at all.  
I had a stroll in this beautiful village as the sun was setting. 


I had a great nights sleep! 


No comments:

Post a Comment